As promised, we are having our first Moxxie Culture Club virtual meeting to discuss the new movie, Emma, based on the Jane Austen novel. I have seen it, and it is well done. To kick off our discussion, I put together a list of discussion questions, and welcome suggested additions. If you haven’t seen the movie, but have read the book or seen an older film version, your participation is welcome, and anyone can attend. I have put together some discussion questions below:
- Was Emma really interested in Frank Churchill?
- Why did she discourage Harriet from marrying Mr. Martin?
- Did she really think Mr. Elton was interested in Harriet?
- Did she really have a feel for matchmaking?
- What were her motives?
- Why did Mr. Knightly love her?
- Did he have feelings for Jane?
- Was he a good match for Emma?
- Is she a good match for him?
- Have you ever influenced someone to make a decision that turned out badly?
- How did that play out?
- What lessons did you learn?
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Mar 29, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Club Leader: Lisa Pomerantz